Most people make the mistake of thinking that their divorce is over when it’s finalized in the courts. The reality is that the real work begins after the fact.
Sorting through the divorce means carefully reviewing and understanding your final divorce settlement and making sure everything gets done. Along the way, dealing with stuff you’ve never had to address before and don’t fully understand can frustrate you. That’s a lot to manage especially when you thought you were done. Now, a whole new set of questions come to mind:
What insurance policies do I need?
How do I sell or transfer property, including the marital home and cars?
How do I manage the assets I got as a result of the divorce?
Now that I’m alone, how do I secure my children’s future?
- Is there potential financial and personal liability that I’m not aware of?
By providing answers, trusted referrals and support with a human touch, we take the mystery out of divorce. Designed with you in mind, we offer unique, non-legal services delivered by real people.
Your consultation with The Big Kaboom is CONFIDENTIAL and FREE. We listen, assess your situation and let you decide which of our services works best for you. Schedule it today! There’s no obligation, and the consultation will provide you with valuable insights.
The benefits offered by The Big Kaboom continue after the FREE consultation! SEE FOR YOURSELF.
- The Emotional Aftermath of Divorce
- Vehicle Title Transfers and Divorce
- What Is a Quit Claim Deed?
- The Need for a Trust and Will Post-divorce
- Medical Insurance Coverage after Divorce
- Social Security Benefits after Divorce
- That even after executing a Quit Claim deed to transfer the marital home to your ex-spouse, you are still responsible for the mortgage on the property if you signed the original bank note?
- If you were previously insured under your ex-spouse’s medical plan, did you know that after the divorce you no longer have medical coverage? And that the same thing applies to other types of policies, like car insurance?
- If you transfer a vehicle title and include a copy of the divorce decree with your application for certificate of title, the sales tax is waived and no registration or transfer fees are paid?
- A will and trust play an extremely important role in your post-divorce life, especially in cases where children are involved?
- Even after your divorce, you are responsible for any joint debt, including credit cards and car lease payments?